Mesa Tactical Forum

Maximum security for an insecure world

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-06 11:20:32

CavalryJim

Shotgun Bayonet Adapter

At one point, the MESA design team was working on a bayonet adapter/extension support for the Remington 870 shotgun.  Was it ever completed?

#2 2007-11-06 13:15:08

mitch
Administrator
Website

Re: Shotgun Bayonet Adapter

We were playing with some designs a few years ago before we became more narrowly focused on law enforcement applications.

Our Canadian friends at One Shot Tactical are apparently making one: http://www.oneshottactical.com/merchant … gory_Code=

#3 2007-11-07 04:02:29

AndyUK

This may be on of those apocryphal tales, but I repeat it anyway ...

Some years ago I had a chat with a middle-ranking British police officer who had spent a few weeks on attachment to the Police in Florida.

At some stage, he was asked to go along and observe an operation which involved entering premises occupied by a gang of drug dealers.  The local Police had become wise to the drug dealers' standard practice of sending out a very irate pit-bull type dog to slow down the Police until after any incriminating evidence had been disposed of.

Being pragmatic types, the local Police had decided to take along an old Winchester '97 with sword bayonet attached.

Knock, knock, "Police, open up" Door opens, pit-bull with large teeth comes out at some speed.  Policeman with '97 'introduces' Pit-bull to bayonet, followed by a large bang, which finalises the argument.

It would seem to me to be a perfectly acceptable tool for the job; provided of course, that officers receive adequate bayonet practice.

AndyUK

#4 2007-11-07 07:08:40

mitch
Administrator
Website

I have always thought a bayonet made tactical sense.  After all, it's a rare firefight where the combatants are able, when out of ammunition, to raise their hands and yell, "Time out while I reload!"  A bayonet is a pretty handy weapon to have in these situations.

Also, an LEO once mentioned to me they are useful with crowd control.  Somehow people are more reluctant to surge against the tip of a bayonet than they are against the muzzle of a riot gun.

But we could never get very many police to agree with us.

#5 2007-11-07 18:39:16

Frank ETS, Inc
Website

"What's the spirit of the bayonet?"

"Kill, kill, kill, Drill Sergeant!"

"What makes the grass grow green?"

"Blood, Drill Sergeant.  Blood makes the grass grow green."

Ah, flashbacks of Basic Training at The Fort Benning School for Wayward Boys.

#6 2009-01-09 11:46:28

Fett Tracking

Mesa should develop a real life chainsaw bayonet. like a smaller 16in bar under an M16 or Benelli. Come up with a bracket to mount a saw... something... the chainsaw handhold will become a foregrip for the left hand. Man, that would be awesome!

"Oh 'bout the hottest meanest shit I can find."

#7 2009-02-02 07:39:30

sjhardware

Board footer