Mesa Tactical Forum

Maximum security for an insecure world

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-27 20:04:01

Harrington089

Remington 700 to M24

Just wanted to see some input on this subject i have seen people that have done this but wanted to see if anyone on here has and what it cost you and what to do and not to do.  Just your input, and pictures if possible thanks.

I have a Remington 700 SPS .223 ( i know most M24 are .308)

#2 2011-07-02 08:29:52

tonykitson
Website

Re: Remington 700 to M24

Yeah its a Remington 700 action...and thats about where the simularity ends. Just about everything else about the gun is not stock, has been tweaked and tuned to the nth degree. There is far more to it than meets the eye!

This is not to say that you cant get some very tight shooting Remington 700's off the shelf out of the box. I have a 700 VLS that is increadibly tight shooting to the point where I have done very little other than tune the trigger for a smoother pull. I have 3 other 700's that shoot very well too, but all three have had a considerable amount of tuning and a replacement barrel and stock.

I will say that they are an excellent rifle action to start with if you want to build a tacticle rifle. There are so many replacement parts for them that are of high quality and Im not sure there is another brand of action that comes close.

thanks!
----------------------------
Praxis 2 test
Praxis 2 help

#3 2012-10-29 14:50:45

SFC

Re: Remington 700 to M24

I have a Remington Model 700 Deer Rifle .308 with a scope for Deer Hunting, although when I worked in Kaliforinia, they referred to this as a Sniper Rifle. Of course they referred to every semi auto pistol made as a military style firearm. and the only ones who could carry a concealed weapon was those whose jobs required it and Diane Feinstein

When the Government is afraid of it's People, This is LIBERTY
When the People are afraid of it's Government, That is TYRANNY

Board footer