LEO® Gen II Telescoping Stock Adapter for Rem V3 (12-GA)
Mesa Tactical's LEO® Gen II Telescoping Stock adapter and pistol grip system for the Rem V3 semi-automatic shotgun is made specifically with professional operators in mind. The LEO Stock adapter system is designed to allow shooters the ability to fit AR style collapsible stocks and pistol grips onto their shotguns, while allowing use of open or bead sights. The versatile telescoping stock adapter system can be fitted with a standard AR-15 grip and telescoping stock, which enables tactical operators to instantly adjust the length of pull of the telescoping stock in order to accommodate differences in individual body sizes or use of body armor.
With Mesa Tactical’s telescoping stock systems, the shotgun’s factory stock is replaced by an investment cast aluminum adapter, to which standard AR-15 grips and telescoping buttstocks can be reliably attached. The LEO stock adapters provide a lower stock elevation allowing the use of iron sights or the front bead.
The LEO Gen II Telescoping Stock Adapter for the Remington V3 semi-automatic shotgun is the first of Mesa Tactical’s “Generation II” LEO adapters. The LEO adapter’s second generation has been completely redesigned for increased comfort, superior handling and configuration versatility:
- The new adapter is slightly shorter and more compact than the earlier LEO adapters.
- The pistol grip has been angled forward several degrees, similar to the angle of an M1911 pistol grip, to provide more space for the webbing of the operator’s thumb above and behind the grip.
- The enhanced grip angle allows the use of highly comfortable beavertail AR-15 grips such as the ERGO Grip (which in included the complete LEO Gen II Stock Kits).
- The LEO Gen II Telescoping Stock Adapter end plate engages the adapter low on the sides instead of at the top, so operators are less likely to come into compact with it under recoil.
- All LEO Gen II Telescoping Stock Adapters include Mesa Tactical’s innovative (and widely copied) pocket hook loops and sling loops.
The LEO adapter is available in two types of kits, adapter kits or complete stock kits. Mesa Tactical’s upgraded versions include a hydraulic recoil buffer which replaces the standard receiver extension tube normally used with AR-15 style telescoping stock assemblies. The recoil buffer is manufactured for Mesa Tactical by Crosshair Recoil Buffers. The Crosshair buffer is a recoil reducer designed for professional operators who require optimum accuracy and control.
LEO Stock Adapter Product Features:
- Adapts AR-15 style buttstocks and pistol grips for use with Remington 870/V3, Mossberg 500/590 and Beretta 1301 shotguns.
- Stock adapters are investment cast aircraft grade aluminum, CNC machined and powdercoated black with a tough, chemical resistant finish.
- Adjustable length-of-pull (LoP) to fit shooter’s stature or for use with body armor and other equipment.
- Optional Crosshair™ Hydraulic Recoil Buffer reduces felt recoil by up to 70%.
- Gives the shotgun similar handling characteristics to the AR-15.
- No gunsmithing required.
All Mesa Tactical products are designed in Reno, NV and manufactured in Orange County, California, USA. Mesa Tactical has a lifetime warranty and is hand built in the USA using high-grade precision parts.
LEO® Telescoping Stock Adapters and Conversion Kits
HYDRAULIC RECOIL STOCK ASSEMBLY
Other DetailsWARRANTY All Mesa Tactical products are made in the USA of high quality materials and include LIFETIME WARRANTY.Mesa Tactical warrants that all products are free from defective material and workmanship and, subject to the conditions set forth below, agrees to repair or replace any part of a product that proves defective by reason of improper workmanship or materials without charge for parts and labor. In no event will Mesa Tactical be liable for damages, lost revenue, lost wages, lost savings or any other incidental or consequential damages arising from purchase, use or inability to use this product. No express or implied warranty is madefor Mesa Tactical product damaged by accidents, misuse, natural or personal disaster, or any unauthorized disassembly, repair or modification. Mesa Tactical’s warranty covers only repair or replacement of defective Mesa Tactical products.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Like the first review I got this to add a pistol brace to the v3 tac13. I believe the majority of buyers of this item will be tac13 owners.
I was very disappointed learning I had to purchase a shim that cost me $25 dollars including shipping.
Mesa might want to note in the description that tac13 installation will require the shim.
If they could produce an inexpensive injection molded shim as an option for tac13 installs it would be a win/win.
I had a small hiccup with my order and customer service took care of it promptly, so kudos there.
Outside of the shim issue the adapter seems to address it's competitions shortcomings and to be of high quality.
The vertical grip angle feels odd at first but gives a little more room for the meat of your hand to get a higher grip.
Thim shim issue is the only reason this is not a 4 star review.
First off, the unit works as advertised and Mesa shipped quickly.
That said, I installed this on a V3 TAC-13 with a SBA3 brace. If you are planning on doing this, you WILL NEED the "neutral shim spacer" from the V3 field model. So figure in another $18, if you can find it. (Mesa SHOULD have designed this so that the shim is not needed.)
Also, my preferred AR pistol grip is the Magpul MOE K2+, due to the "improved" grip angle of the Mesa unit, that is a NO GO. (When it was tried, it grip was actually angled FORWARD.) I used an old Magpul MIAD grip I had on the shelf.
All that said, this is a superior unit to the Ergo adapter, due to the ability to properly secure the buffer tube from rotating and have a built in sling swivel socket.