LEO® Gen II Telescoping Stock Kit for Rem 870 (12-GA only)
Mesa Tactical's LEO® Gen II Telescoping Stock adapter and pistol grip system for the Remington 870 shotgun is made specifically with law enforcement in mind. The LEO Stock adapter system is designed to allow shooters the ability to fit AR style collapsible stocks and pistol grips onto their shotguns, while allowing use of open or bead sights. The versatile telescoping stock adapter system can be fitted with a standard AR-15 grip and telescoping stock, which enables tactical operators to instantly adjust the length of pull of the telescoping stock in order to accommodate differences in individual body sizes or use of body armor.
With Mesa Tactical’s telescoping stock systems, the shotgun’s factory stock is replaced by an investment cast aluminum adapter, to which standard AR-15 grips and telescoping buttstocks can be reliably attached. The LEO stock adapters provide a lower stock elevation allowing the use of iron sights or the front bead. All Mesa Tactical stock adapters incorporate multiple sling attachment methods.
The LEO Gen II Telescoping Stock Adapter for the Remington 870 shotgun is the first of Mesa Tactical’s “Generation II” LEO adapters. The LEO adapter’s second generation has been completely redesigned for increased comfort, superior handling and configuration versatility:
- The new adapter is slightly shorter and more compact than the earlier LEO adapters.
- The pistol grip has been angled forward several degrees, similar to the angle of an M1911 pistol grip, to provide more space for the webbing of the operator’s thumb above and behind the grip.
- The enhanced grip angle allows the use of highly comfortable beavertail AR-15 grips such as the ERGO Grip (which in included the complete LEO Gen II Stock Kits).
- The LEO Gen II Telescoping Stock Adapter end plate engages the adapter low on the sides instead of at the top, so operators are less likely to come into compact with it under recoil.
- All LEO Gen II Telescoping Stock Adapters include Mesa Tactical’s innovative (and widely copied) pocket hook loops and sling loops.
The LEO adapter is available in three types of kits, adapter kits, recoil starter packs or complete stock kits. Mesa Tactical’s upgraded versions include a hydraulic recoil buffer which replaces the standard receiver extension tube normally used with AR-15 style telescoping stock assemblies. The recoil buffer is manufactured for Mesa Tactical by Kyntec. The Kynshot Hydraulic Buffer (Mil-spec) is a recoil reducer designed for professional operators who require optimum accuracy and control. Notices will be circulated to customers on the waiting list for the product this week.
LEO Gen II Stock Adapter Product Features:
- Adapts AR-15 style buttstocks and pistol grips for use with Remington 870, Mossberg 500/590 and Beretta 1301 shotguns.
- Stock adapters are investment cast aircraft grade aluminum, CNC machined and powdercoated black with a tough, chemical resistant finish.
- Adjustable length-of-pull (LoP) to fit shooter’s stature or for use with body armor and other equipment.
- Optional Kynshot™ Hydraulic Recoil Buffer reduces felt recoil by up to 70%.
- Gives the shotgun similar handling characteristics to the AR-15.
- Collapsible stock makes shotgun easier to stow, transport and deploy.
- Pistol grip configuration allows increased control and user comfort.
- Sling attachment points included.
- Optional SureShell® aluminum carriers can be added to the M4 Carbine buttstock.
- No gunsmithing required.
Mesa Tactical's LEO® Telescoping Stock Kit for 12-GA Remington 870 shotguns, is a versatile telescoping stock system which enables tactical operators to instantly adjust the length of pull of the telescoping stock in order to accommodate differences in individual body sizes, or when wearing body armor, without compromising the safest shooting position. Mesa Tactical’s collapsible stock kits and adapters install AR-15 adjustable buttstocks and pistol grips onto the venerable Remington 870 shotgun platforms for the ultimate in tactical shotgun configuration performance. The LEO telescoping stock system also incorporates a new and advanced sling attachment method, which accommodates a wide variety of optional sling styles.
The concept is simple: the shotgun stock is replaced by an adapter that mimics the stock attachment point of an AR-15 lower receiver. This adapter accepts an AR-15 receiver buffer tube. The AR-15 collapsible stock and pistol grip can then be reliably attached to the shotgun.
Mesa Tactical’s LEO stock system incorporates those features most frequently asked for by law enforcement and other professional operators who now have a more streamlined solution for adding a telescoping stock and pistol grip to their Remington Model 870 shotguns, which also retains the same high quality materials and workmanship, and the same strength and durability that’s characteristic of all Mesa Tactical products. Departments that are planning to update their existing arsenals of tactical shotguns will also appreciate the considerable cost savings afforded by the availability of the LEO system, and armorers will also appreciate the fact that no gunsmithing is required to install the LEO system or when adding any of its optional accessories.
Stock kits additionally include an M4 Carbine style telescoping buttstock assembly, an ERGO pistol grip, a stamped steel stock wrench and a push-button sling swivel. A slip-on rubber butt pad for the M4 Carbine buttstock is available separately.
Mesa Tactical also manufactures other specialized stock and pistol grip systems, such as the High-tube telescoping stock and pistol grip kits for Remington and Mossberg tactical shotguns, which mimic the geometry of an AR-15/M-4 rifle with an elevated cheek weld and Picatinny rail for mounting optical sights at the correct height. All of Mesa Tactical’s products are manufactured in the United States from high grade mil-spec hard anodized aircraft aluminum, or mil-spec manganese phosphate coated heavy gauge steel and come with a lifetime warranty.
All Mesa Tactical AR Stock and Grip System components can be installed in minutes with household tools. No gunsmithing or fitting is required.
LEO® Telescoping Stock Adapters and Conversion Kits
91150 LEO Gen II Telescoping Stock Adapter for Rem 870 (12-GA only)
91170 LEO Gen II Telescoping Hydraulic Recoil Stock Kit for Rem 870 (12-GA only)
91180 LEO Gen II Hydraulic Recoil Starter Pack for Rem 870 (12-GA only)
HYDRAULIC RECOIL STOCK ASSEMBLY
92240 Kynshot Hydraulic Buffer (Mil-spec)