SureShell® Polymer Carrier For FN SLP (6-Shell, 12-GA)
This SureShell Polymer Carrier system, available in a six shell configuration, features shell holders injection molded from glass filled polymer, secured to the receiver by a lightweight aluminum back plate with brass threaded inserts. The SureShell Polymer Carrier also includes an innovative dual rubber friction system that reliably holds shotshells in place. The SureShell shotshell carriers for the FN SLP have been designed so that no alterations to the forend are required for installation.
- Ensure the weapon is unloaded and pointed in a safe direction.
- The adhesive-backed rubber gasket material should be applied to the back of the SureShell shotshell carrier bracket to protect the weapon’s finish from the screw heads and to secure a tight fit for the entire assembly.
- Test the fit of the Chicago screws in the holes of the carrier assembly bracket. It may be tight. If you have difficulty fitting the screw through the hole, widen the hole slightly with a rolled-up emery cloth or a rattail file.
- Prepare the male (button head) Chicago screws by slipping the washers onto them.
- While holding the trigger assembly in place, use a female (flat head) Chicago nut to drift the two trigger pins out of the shotgun; then remove the female Chicago nuts and insert the male Chicago screws into the holes from the ejector side.
- After you have removed the trigger group pins, put them in a safe place.
- While holding the shotgun so the shell carrier assembly is facing up, slip the female Chicago screws through the Sureshell bracket and into the trigger pin hole. The Chicago screws have been sized so that they can be firmly tightened with the hex keys without fear of squeezing the action. Generally, you can make the screw finger tight with the long arm of the hex key. A drop of blue Loctite on each screw will keep it in place. Be sure to check for loose screws every time you use your shotgun.