Meeting the urgent requirement for an easy way to mount weapon lights and other accessories on the Benelli M4 semi-automatic shotgun, the new Truckee replacement forend provides industry standard M-LOK® mounting points on sides and bottom.
Machined from 6061 heat treated aluminum, the Truckee forend is sleek, rugged and lightweight. M-LOK slots accept Picatinny rail sections or specialized light mounts or vertical grips. The 8½ inch Truckee forend can be installed in seconds on any Benelli M4 shotgun; while the 11 inch version requires the removal of the Benelli M4 shotgun’s factory front sling loop.
- Made from 6061-T6 aluminum and high temperature glass-filled nylon polymer endcaps.
- Industry standard M-LOK slots can accept Picatinny rail sections as well as other M-LOK mounts and accessories.
- Replacement forend counts as one US-made part for compliance with Federal law 18 U.S.C. § 922(r), if necessary.
- Installs in seconds; stays on the barrel when the weapon is stripped for cleaning, but can be easily removed, at the bench or in the field, if access to the gas system is desired.
- No tools required for installation or removal.
- 8½ inch Truckee forend can be installed on any Benelli M4 shotgun.
- 11 inch Truckee forend requires the removal of the Benelli M4 shotgun’s factory front sling loop (requires the use of snap ring pliers).
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Truckee Forend was relatively easy to install provided that you have snap ring pliers ($15-$20 at a local Autozone) at your disposal. Once installed onto the barrel, it is loose but it secures nicely once the gun is assembled. There's about maybe a slight shift in the forend, but one would really need to work at it to see it shift. It is also noted in the instructions that a slight degree of looseness is needed to prevent stress on the end caps.
Do note, that if one has the faux extension or even the +2 extension that threads at the end of the magazine tube. They would need to do some maneuvering to allow clearance. The M-Lok slots on the forend are all usable from what I've seen.
Overall, a much nicer alternative to the Hayl Forend from Strike Industries and definitely something to look at when one is trying to find those rare surefire M80 . Set screws need not apply here.
All around this seems like an okay/average product. It took longer to install than I expected based on what I had read online. Once installed, it moved a good bit and was a pretty loose fit. I like that I can move my hand out further and this feels nice enough hanging onto it.
I wanted a way to mount a light that didn’t require a lot of extra disassembly to clean the shotgun. I don’t think this product fits that bill.