Urbino® Pistol Grip Stock for Beretta 1301 with standard buttpad, no riser
Mesa Tactical offers a shortened length of pull stock, known as the “Urbino” stock, for Benelli, Mossberg, an Remington and Beretta 1301 semi-automatic shotguns. The Urbino stock kit is very popular in our law enforcement market due to the shorter length of pull, allowing the user to wear body armor or bulky clothing without extending their reach.
The reduced length-of-pull (LoP) makes the Urbino the first truly tactical stock for the Beretta 1301 tactical shotgun. The Urbino Tactical stock, is a fixed-length pistol grip shotgun stock made from injection-molded glass-filled nylon. Developed to meet the needs of law enforcement and military operators, the rugged Urbino Tactical stock features a 12 1/2″ inch LoP, soft urethane rubber grip, optional Limbsaver® butt pad, optional adjustable cheek riser and a variety of flexible sling mounting options. All hardware included, no gunsmithing necessary to install.
- Injection-molded in glass-filled nylon, the stock features a 12 ½” inch length of pull (LoP)
- Shock-absorbing rubber grip sleeve reduces shooter fatigue
- The standard buttpad contains a positive locking system that will hold the adjustments in place without slipping
- Includes Benelli-style rear sling loops for 1 1/4 inch sling webbing
- Includes a QD style sling swivel that fits in a hole in the lower rear of the stock
Installing the Urbino tactical stock on the Mossberg 930 shotgun is fundamentally different from the simple stock swaps discussed above. As with most semi-automatic shotguns, the Mossberg 930 shotgun features a return spring tube that runs from the rear of the receiver down through the inside of the buttstock. The return spring forces the bolt back into battery after every shot. The Mossberg 930 shotgun comes from the factory with a very long spring tube, in fact too long for the Urbino tactical stock’s shortened length of pull. The Urbino tactical stock kit for the Mossberg 930 therefore includes a replacement return spring and return spring tube, as well as tools to help with the swap.
The Urbino tactical stock swap for the Mossberg 930 comprises the following steps:
1. Remove factory stock;
2. Remove factory return spring tube and return spring;
3. Install shortened return spring and return spring tube;
4. Install Urbino tactical stock.